Payments, Refunds, and Taxes Owed
Withholding and Estimated Tax Payments
- How do I know if I have to file quarterly individual estimated tax payments?
- How do I make estimated tax payments?
- Do estimated tax payments also include taxes other than income taxes?
- I expect to have a one-time large payment of taxable income in the fourth quarter. Do I have to make an estimated tax payment for just the fourth quarter?
- How do I figure out how many exemptions and allowances to claim on the W-4 for withholding?
Refunds or Taxes Owed
- How do I find the status of my refund?
- I am on a payment plan with the IRS for back taxes. Will I get a tax refund when I file my tax return?
- My husband owes back child support payments to his former spouse and has been notified by the Treasury Department that he is subject to the offset program. We file jointly. How do we get the IRS to not seize my refund?
- What do I do if I can't pay the amount owed on my tax return?