First use the IRS Where's My Refund tool to see if you can find information about the status of your refund: https://www.irs.gov/refunds
You should call the IRS only if:
- It has been 21 days or more since you filed electronically or
- More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return or
- The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to call.
Phone numbers include:
- Automated refund information: 800-829-4477
- Refund Hotline: 800-829-1954
- Tax Help Line for individuals: 800-829-1040
If the Where’s My Refund tool returns no results, contact your tax preparer or the company you used to file your return.
Article is closed for comments.