The IRS provides information to assist you at www.irs.gov. Information about the Marketplace/Exchange can be found at www.healthcare.gov. For more information on the Affordable Care Act, go to www.irs.gov/aca. If you are over age 60, you can also contact your local Area Agency on Aging (look in the government pages in your phone book or call your local government office for more information).
Articles in this section
- How will the Affordable Care Act affect me when I file my taxes?
- What health insurance documents will I need to bring to the site to complete my return?
- What happens if I don’t know where to find the documents related to my health care coverage?
- I’m over age 65 and receive Medicare. My spouse is only 59, but she works full-time and has medical insurance from her employer. How does the Affordable Care Act affect us?
- I didn’t have medical insurance last year. What type of situations might entitle me to an exemption from the Shared Responsibility Payment?
- What if I have applied for an exemption but have not yet gotten a response? Will I still be able to get my return completed?