Use the Personal Allowances Worksheet included with Form W-4 to determine how many withholding allowances you should claim. If you are working more than one job, you should claim zero allowances on the job where you make the least amount of money. The IRS also has an online calculator that you can use to make the computation.
Articles in this section
- How do I know if I have to file quarterly individual estimated tax payments?
- How do I make estimated tax payments?
- Do estimated tax payments also include taxes other than income taxes?
- I expect to have a one-time large payment of taxable income in the fourth quarter. Do I have to make an estimated tax payment for just the fourth quarter?
- How do I figure out how many exemptions and allowances to claim on the W-4 for withholding?