Submit a request


What if I have applied for an exemption but have not yet gotten a response? Will I still be able to get my return completed?

Yes, “pending” can be entered as the exemption certificate number on IRS Form 8965. Remember that if you are later denied the exemption, your return will have to be amended, which might result in more tax liability.