Yes, “pending” can be entered as the exemption certificate number on IRS Form 8965. Remember that if you are later denied the exemption, your return will have to be amended, which might result in more tax liability.
Articles in this section
- How will the Affordable Care Act affect me when I file my taxes?
- What health insurance documents will I need to bring to the site to complete my return?
- What happens if I don’t know where to find the documents related to my health care coverage?
- I’m over age 65 and receive Medicare. My spouse is only 59, but she works full-time and has medical insurance from her employer. How does the Affordable Care Act affect us?
- I didn’t have medical insurance last year. What type of situations might entitle me to an exemption from the Shared Responsibility Payment?
- What if I have applied for an exemption but have not yet gotten a response? Will I still be able to get my return completed?