Yes, it is possible. Whether you have to file is a function of your taxable gross income, filing status, age, if you are someone's dependent and if you have self-employment income. You can find the actual filing requirements in IRS Pub 501 under the heading "Who Must File." You can also use the IRS Interactive Tax Assistant to determine if you have a filing requirement.
Articles in this section
- I have not yet filed my last year's taxes. How much trouble am I in?
- I haven't filed tax returns for the last three years. What should I do?
- Is it possible for someone to be exempt from filing a tax return?
- I am collecting Social Security benefits as well as other income and it is possible that some of my benefits will be taxed. Which form do I need to use?
- I am a full-time college student. My parents claim me as an exemption. I work part time for the college. Do I have to file a tax return?
- My brother died this year and I am filing his tax return. He is due a refund. How do I file his return and obtain the refund?
Article is closed for comments.